3D Scanner Needed - Existing Plastic Object

Discussion in '3D Design Requests' started by 146091_deleted, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Alot of what is covered on these forums deals with 3D printing. I was attempting to look for information on 3D scanner machines for the sake of re-creating an existing object. I do have a 3D program to do this but that computer's hardware has a current issue. It got me thinking about finding services for 3D scanning here where I live in the off chance I cannot model my existing object myself.

Would anyone know a good way to find these services?

2. CADNinja
    CADNinja Well-Known Member
    What is your zip code? I will help you find one.

3. Thank you!

I am located in San Bernardino, CA. Los Angeles is about 1.5 hours away. Orange County is also 1.5 hours away. San Diego is 2 hours away. Hopefully I can find something close.

Attached Files:

4. JACANT
    JACANT Well-Known Member
    If you get it scanned you will still have to fix the result in a 3D program. Going by the image it would be a very simple task to create this.
    If you can give me the exact measurements and a few more images from top, bottom, side etc. I would be happy to help.

WebmistressM.png

5. That is great. To be honest, I dont know if I can put any more pics up here. Not sure if this is allowed. I do have the pictures (but dont have exact measurements, despite that the item is photographed next to a ruler) but I can PM you the rest of the pics as to keep the public thread from going OT