Help needed!

Discussion in '3D Design Requests' started by 149287_deleted, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Hi,
    I need assistance to finalize a charm for a neckless.

My design has been refused due to too thin walls (Sterling Silver).

Anybody capable to assist me?

File available in .jpeg and .ai (2D)

Thanks in advance.

Best,
    Jann

Attached Files:

2. UniverseBecoming
    UniverseBecoming Well-Known Member
    I can fix it up for you. Just make the model downloadable or post it as a attachment here or send me a personal message and then I can give you my email and you can email it to me.

3. UniverseBecoming
    Oh, and if you'd rather fix it yourself you can view the design rules for sterling silver here. If doing glossy those walls need to be 0.8 mm thick. You can go back to your AI drawing and decrease the radii of the inner curves and that should do it without detracting too much from your original design intent.

4. Thx for feedback & input...

Would be gr8 if you can assist me.

I was actually looking for someone who could be able to soften the edges a bit, in order to have a more rounded design. Do you think this is possible?

Best,
    Jann

5. UniverseBecoming
    Hi Jann,

Sorry, I went to sleep shortly after replying earlier. :)

Sure! That's easy to do. What 3D CAD software are you using? If you tell me I can give instructions on how to do it. Or, if you can get the file to me I'll round off those edges for you.

6. SGDesigns
    SGDesigns Member
    Send me the model as an .obj or .stl and I can correct the wall thickness issue you are having. I can also round off the edges as much as you want.

PM Sent... :D

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  7. Hi,

File is only available as .ai (illustrator) or the Shapeways file.

Please let me know if this is acceptable.

Best,
    Jann

8. UniverseBecoming
    Sal is probably sleeping, but I'M AWAKE! hehe :D

Yeah, the Shapeways file would work. All you need to do is click on your avatar picture in the upper right, then from the drop down list click my models, then click the edit edit model button, thennnnn scroll all the way down to the bottom and select the check box that says Allow downloads and then scroll up to the top and click the exit edit mode button. Having done these steps a button will appear after a few minutes that will let me download it.

Once I have it I can fix it up for ya and send it back! :)

9. On it in a few min.

Thx for yr. reply

10. Done - should be available...

Otherwise, let me know.

Thx.

11. I can send you the original file plus the revised file (but only in .ai format)
    File sizes are > than requirement on Shapeways, but maybe you can send me an email address?

12. UniverseBecoming
    contact@patternsforcnc.com

You can try sending it to me there. However, I'm getting sleepy again. :p So, I won't be able to do much for next 5 or 6 hours. :)

13. Hi,

Do not know where you are located, but I will slip you an email asap.

Still have no pressure for deadline - In good time for this one!!! :laughing:

Get your rest - and I will make sure you have the files before you awake...

Cheers,
    Jann

14. UniverseBecoming
    I think there may be something wrong with the Shapeways download buttons, but that's ok, just send it to my email or whatever.

I'm in Nevada USA.

[​IMG]
    night night :)

15. SGDesigns
    SGDesigns Member
    What, who, where? Im awake... LOL... If you haven't already gotten this fixed, I have some time right now, just attach the file to this post or I will send you my email as a private message for you to send it. If you can, send it in both file formats and I will make sure its printable in Silver.

16. Thx,

Nice picture!

//Jann

17. Hi,

Have tried to upload the files but they are to excessive for this forum. Can you send me your email?

//Jann

18. SGDesigns
    SGDesigns Member
    I sent you my email as a private message. just scroll all the way up on your screen and click on where it says "private messaging"

Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  19. UniverseBecoming
    I just woke up! :eek:

I don't see anything in my inbox so that means the file was too big to send by email, huh? That's ok, there are other ways to send big files to each other online. Or were you able to get something to Sal? Sal, are you working on it? If not try a free file sharing service like Sendthisfile or Dropbox. I just used Dropbox the other day to send a 48 megabyte file to a company here in my home town. Dropbox gives you software that you install and then it creates a directory on your hard drive and anything you put in that directory, up to 2 gigabytes, you can then share with anyone you give the link to. It's pretty cool! I haven't used Sendthisfile, but from the sounds of their instructions it seems like it would be the easier one to use. There are LOTS more free file sharing methods available, so if you don't like the ones I mention then look around and find one you like. If you're going to be doing 3D art stuff like we're doing then you'll want to find a good file sharing service to use cuz you're going to run into this problem from time to time when it comes to transferring files.

The reason I think the Shapeways download button might not be working is this. The Shapeways employee Wiwa wasn't able to get the download button to show up so it might be broken right now.

We'll get your butterfly design fixed up for ya! :eek:

By the way, nice asymmetrical design, YOU HAVE LOTS OF TALENT! I can tell just by this one design. :)

20. AmLachDesigns
    AmLachDesigns Well-Known Member
    A really dumb question, perhaps, but why is the file to be sent so big? Perhaps the outline of the design could be isolated and sent (Inkscape if all else fails but probably easier in the native software).

As you know, once the outline is available, to mod/push/bevel/subsurf would be quite easy.