new puzzle: the nodebox

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by animaniac, Feb 7, 2013.

1. animaniac
    animaniac Member
    hi, I designed a new puzzle I called the nodebox. it's made of 12 parts, with 3 types of parts and 4 colors. here's where it gets tricky: to get a complete puzzle, I designed 2 different sets of parts available in my shop, with 2 units of each needed. so 4 sets in total, each in a different color. I have 2 questions:

- are the instructions to get a full set too complex?

- a puzzle would be about 80€, is it too expensive for a 6 cm large puzzle?

the puzzle is supposed to be a box that can only be assembled in a precise order. I am waiting for the parts, I'll come back as soon as the puzzle is validated!

2. animaniac
    animaniac Member
    it's live! I received and assemble the prototype, and it performed as intended (as in deceivingly simple and fiendishly difficult). I updated my shop with items and videos:

https://www.shapeways.com/model/860942/the-impossibox-piece-s et-a-4-sets-needed.html
    https://www.shapeways.com/model/860944/the-impossibox-piece-s et-b-4-sets-needed.html

To get a complete puzzle, order 2 piece sets A and 2 piece sets B, in 4 different colors. In the video:

1 white set A
    1 blue set A
    1 red set B
    1 purple set B

3. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    That's a great puzzle!

Head over to Shapeways Labs to find out how to add multiple items to the cart all at once using the Product Sets Mod

Paul

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  4. animaniac
    animaniac Member
    whoa, thanks... I actually thought it would be a nice feature but had no idea it existed! I took a look at your shop, do you also know how to add paragraphs to the description?

5. AmLachDesigns
    AmLachDesigns Well-Known Member
    Have you disabled the Public View?

For the paragraphs, I use HTML tags <br> (or actually <br><br>), but I'm sure there's a better way.

6. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    You can pretty much use any html tags for formatting.
    Paragraph - <p>texty stuff here</p>
    Line break - <br>

Paul

7. animaniac
    animaniac Member
  8. animaniac
    animaniac Member
    bonus points to anyone guessing the music of the video

9. Innovo
    Innovo Member