Little Velociraptor Egg

Discussion in 'My Work In Progress' started by stymie924, Jan 12, 2013.

1. stymie924
    stymie924 Member
    Finished this little dude about a year and a half ago and actually had one print made by another company--which turned out great. I am looking forward to using Shapeways, however, as I have been very impressed by the quality of work here. The print I had made was solid and I am working on making this guy hollow so it will save on costs. Anyway, let me know what y'all think.
    velociraptor_egg.jpg

2. 24776_deleted
    24776_deleted Member
    Looks awesome, can you post any images of the actual print?

3. stymie924
    stymie924 Member
    dino_print1.jpg Sure, sorry. I meant to do that. This print was done by www.moddler.com and it stands about 8 inches high. It is pretty solid and it cost a ton. I had them break it up for me as I had hoped to cast and sell them. That's more work than I really want to do though. Anyway, let me know what you think.

4. stymie924
    stymie924 Member
    dino_print2.jpg Here is the disassembled print...

5. 24776_deleted
    24776_deleted Member
    Wow your work is awesome! I also checked out the other pieces.
    The level of care, precision and beauty is truly remarkable.

6. stymie924
    stymie924 Member
    Thanks! It was wicked expensive though. About 1,500.00 for the print plus a little extra for cutting up the model. Looking forward to seeing what I can accomplish with Shapeways.

7. 24776_deleted
    24776_deleted Member
    You should be able to get it for a fraction of the cost you paid before. Shapeways is very reasonably priced and you can get more froogle by hollowing out
    your pieces. You can get an idea of the price before hand by taking the volume of your model via the 3d software you are using and multiplying it by the cubic volume price shapeways has on their materials page. If you have more detailed questions, feel free to contact me anytime, as I do want to see more of your beautiful work florish throughout the site.