Friday Finds/Check your Keywords!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AmLachDesigns, Jan 12, 2013.

1. AmLachDesigns
    AmLachDesigns Well-Known Member
    Hi everyone,

I just checked the blog and saw that @elise was featuring Valentine's Day related items, suggesting that she had selected items base on a 'valentine' Tag (Keyword, I assume).

Excellent, I thought, maybe my Heart Cage Pendant or Heart Cage Earrings. would get featured and a much need boost. (Shameless plug, lol )

Unfortunately they were not selected, and this might or might not be because of what seems to be a bug in the Keywords: I have 'Valentine' as a Keyword/tag but not 'valentine', and when I searched for my items with the lower case version my items are not found. So the search is case-sensitive, which is not, imho, correct.

But, it gets worse. I have already sent some emails to SW asking about this, but I thought that in the meantime I would go for the clunky but practical approach of adding Keywords starting with both cases, upper and lower. Not a long-term solution, but it might help. However, the Keyword input part of the Edit Model screen allows you to very tediously and inelegantly add these extra Keywords, lets you save them and then ... discards them completely.

So at present I cannot get my models to be picked up with 'valentine' at all. Not so good.

Try it yourselves with searches on 'letzebuerg' and 'Letzebuerg' it is more conclusive than the above example.

Thanks

2. PeregrineStudios
    PeregrineStudios Well-Known Member
    I agree with this 100%. I wasn't aware of the capitalization issue, but plenty of times I've spent a good ten minutes thinking of good and relevant keywords, only to have two-thirds of them disappear as soon as I hit save. This needs to be addressed, and soon.