High Detail Ceramics, Interested?

Discussion in 'Materials' started by 210416_deleted, Dec 7, 2012.

1. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fabbaloo.com"

Think we can get shapeways to buy some of these !!?!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    I didn't read anything about glazing, just firing. Sounds like very fragile prints. Very cool tech though.

3. stannum
    stannum Well-Known Member
    Items anybody associates with ceramics like bricks or plant pots are pretty fine after firing, without any glaze. Some parts depend on the lack of glaze to be useful. But ceramics is a wide term, not just tableware or construction materials. You can find ceramics in brakes, bearings, engines and other parts that, while not will withstand hits, will suffer strong pressures, vibrations and heat. Ceramics in military are used to absorb lots of energy in impacts (personal and vehicle armor), but not break while wearing/driving around.

From their site "Lithoz enables the fabrication of prototypes without any costs for tools while achieving the mechanical characteristics of serially produced parts". They seem to target small parts for machinery and medical implants, so you would expect strong parts. Would you install a gear that breaks easily? Or a bone replacement?

Before discarding as fragile, get a sample.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  4. bartv
    bartv Member
    I've forwarded your suggestion to our Product team, thanks!!

Bart

5. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Reads like quite strong prints - "What you can't see is the strength of this material. You'd find it very difficult or even impossible to crush this cube using your fingers alone." :eek:

Paul
    [hr][hr]

6. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Crushing between your fingers is different than shipping it in the back of a box truck. I'm certainly not against us looking into the technology.

7. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Yes it is, why compare apples to grapefruit? :rolleyes:

Paul

8. victorrings
    victorrings Well-Known Member
  9. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Oh, nice - now I really want one... pity the build volume is only about half that of FUD (76x43x150mm)

10. Magic
    Magic Well-Known Member
    Big enough to make ceramics dice... :)