Hi, I come from the internets

Discussion in 'Newcomers Lounge' started by miaka618, Dec 5, 2012.

1. miaka618
    miaka618 Member
    I would like to say hello and salutations. I have recently (re)discovered shapeways and am uber excited to be here. I wanted to make some unique Christmas presents (and I did) and now i'm just waiting with sweaty palms and nervous shakes for my items to arrive.
    I hail from the land of IMVU and Nuvera Online and would love to actually hold one of my models...but isn't that why we are all here. But first I must wait. Wait, wait, wait...... I have noticed a few fellow internet dwellers here, which is exciting. Gosh, everything is so exciting! Does that new car smell eventually wear off? I'm sure it does. I did with my other 3D work, but it's still exciting to upload something new. Has anyone ever just stared at one of their creations in awe? Like a newborn baby, going back to it again and again. No? Well maybe I'm just weird then.

Ok, to wrap this post up. Hi.

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Hello and welcome!

Any links to your previous works? What software are you working with?

I think we all have that special piece. I actually keep versions of my acoustabowl in my car to randomly show to people.

3. miaka618
    miaka618 Member
    I use 3DS Max and I've used Maya in the past.

Here is my IMVU catalog: http://www.imvu.com/shop/web_search.php?manufacturers_id=188 0589
    Mostly animation stuffs, but there are a few models there I want to fix up for printing.

Nuvera Online: http://www.nuveraonline.com/index.php?page=catalog&secti on=browse&creator_id=189
    They just recently came out of beta and are in need of a few good meshers. *Points at you.* I actually animated their default walk and run cycles for their avatars. I feel so special.

4. miaka618
    miaka618 Member
    Btw, I think you guys should print chocolate. :)

5. Youknowwho4eva
    It would be great, but we need a chocolate that's melt in your mouth, not in the back of a hot UPS truck.

6. victorrings
    victorrings Well-Known Member
    try this website...

http://www.chocomize.com/

it isn't printing exactly but i think that they have mastered the chocolate transportation.

chris

7. miaka618
    miaka618 Member
    Oooor, I could make chocolate molds. :)

8. bartv
    bartv Member
  9. miaka618
    miaka618 Member
    That seems like a lot of work. :p

10. bartv
    bartv Member
    Yes, but... chocolate! :)

11. Youknowwho4eva
    You could print the hole mold in ceramics, but that would be a little pricey. Orrrr you could build your own vacuum forming machine (check out instructables) print the pieces in WSF and vacuum form a sheet of PET over top of them.

12. miaka618
    miaka618 Member
    Yeah, I've seen them there home grown vacuum molding machines. A little less work....maybe.
    I could just, I dunno, eat chocolate and tell everyone what a cool shape It was *wink* *wink* before I ate it.

I have a lady friend who does the whole chocolate making thing. She might really get into this.

13. lensman
    lensman Well-Known Member
    A late welcome and looking forward to seeing your shop. I only hope the items you ordered for Christmas weren't silver because I had some horrible issues with that, and I have a customer who ordered the day before Shapeways deadline and she finally just got an email saying it will arrive on 2nd Jan... I also had to spend $144 on two FedEx packages to get them to customers on Mon 24th Dec after I got them on the Fri 21st.

Next year I will tell my customers not to order anything after 1st November no matter what promises Shapeways makes.

Glenn

14. miaka618
    miaka618 Member
    Happy 2013!

No, I did not order in silver and my stuff got here the exact day they said it would...though after the order was finished then processed for shipping, UPS said it would get here a bit early. It didn't. Sooooo, my elation was crushed, but I got over it.. :p