NYC local pickup?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 234582_deleted, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Being in NYC I'm trying to get a fix on somewhere I can print locally, is there an option like this for us New Yorkers?

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    We're working on LIC (our printing center in NY) to make it a place to visit. I know Makerbot has a shop now in the city, I'm pretty sure you could go there to print your items. And coming to a Staples near you may be a simple for of 3D printing soon.

3. yes, i was at the opening event for the makerbot store. it qwas nice to see so many people interested.

i also read about the upcoming staples option which should be interesting, curious to see how they implement it and what software they'll use.

one other thing that just popped up yesterday on 29th and 6th is a Make/3DEA shop for the month with an Ultimaker and UP! printer.

I like to think I'm aware of the NYC goings on for the 3D print community, but still have so mich to learn and people ro meet.

I've also been keeping tabs on the LIC development but wasn't aware that it would offer a store front for pickup/prints.

In this case I am actually wanting to get ceramics done. Will the LIC shop offer the full array of Shapeway materials?

4. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    I don't know about a store front. But it has been requested to be able to pick up from LIC. I also don't know if/when ceramics may be done at LIC. I know FUD and WSF are currently being created there. Stainless is in Pennsylvania, and Ceramics is in Massachusetts.

5. Thanks, great info to keep in mind for shipping purposes.

6. 35950_deleted
    35950_deleted Member
    What are you looking to print?

You're welcome to come to Hack Manhattan and talk to us about getting some time on our RepRap if you're just prototyping and don't mind being limited to ABS and PLA plastics. PM me if you have questions!