Free shipping today

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by davvah, Nov 23, 2012.

1. davvah
    davvah Member
    Hi all!

Today I got the black friday newsletter from shapeways which includes an offer for free shipping today! :)
    Can anyone tell me how to use the code? The mail only says "enter at checkout" but if I do so nothing changes and it keeps displaying the shipping costs...

Thanks!

David

2. JohnL
    JohnL Member
    I have the same problem. The code does not work when entered into the promo code box at checkout. Very disappointing. :(

3. pinddle
    pinddle Member
    The email has two codes, so can we get free shipping and 20% off ?

4. davvah
    davvah Member
    Keep in mind the 20% off has a minimum order value of 75$. Apart from that I can't see why it should not work to use both together. But at first it has to work at all. ;)

@JohnL:
    Good to hear that I'm not the only one...

5. JohnL
    JohnL Member
    I've tried it in uppercase, lower case, reverse. Nothing works. I guess the offer is either not yet activated, or it is somehow not valid.

6. davvah
    davvah Member
    There's a new mail from shapeways, saying the problem has been fixed. It is working fine now (only 20% off OR free shipping).

Thanks to the shapeway-team!

7. JohnL
    JohnL Member
    Yes it is working now, I placed my order with free shipping. Great to see the shapeways team fixing the problem so quickly.

8. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    Phew!
    Thank you for your patience everyone!
    All codes are working now!

9. tebee
    tebee Well-Known Member
    Ah I don't seem to have received a mail about these - where do I find these codes and when does the offer start and finish ?

I was just about to put an order in - a bit of discount would be nice !

Tom

10. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Check the blog - it is "tdzmu" for "20% off an order over $75" and
    "v9v7r" for "free shipping" , each valid once and not both on
    the same order. Offer ends midnight EST.

11. stannum
    stannum Well-Known Member
    So you type the five letters (after discovering that the flat text is a "button"), click the Apply Discount button (flatish but at least it got a frame)... and nothing happens. What other conditions are required for this? Only for USA people? Only if paying in dollars? What?

Edit: wild guess: taxes and shipping not included in the limit. If using the free shipping code, it works, and the shipping ends being just 0.01. Yes, there is a rounding issue somewhere, shipping cost is one number, the coupon reports a similar number in negative, but not exact.

Wait, once you reach 75 dollars, then the discount applies... and to taxes too? So that makes it work after 90.75 dollars or 75, it depends. Errmm... Shapeways should stop prettending it accepts euros at the same level than dollars, it's confusing. You could just say it isn't working and never will fully do without some radical changes. And there are are silly cases like asking for euros when the address is in Norway (not using euros, not in EU, just some special deals here and there). Well, not asking, but forcing.

OK, rant over... it would just great to be able to control things and avoid currency exchange rates. It's not asking for double Irish Dutch sandwich, just a clean glass without soap aftertaste.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  12. enlightenup
    enlightenup Member
    Is the code only good once b/c it won't work now. This same issue happened with the last free shipping code. I emailed them about it an have not heard back yet. I have a ton of orders to do but now can't take advantage of the sale. :( Just wondering if anyone else is having this problem....

Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  13. Looks like there is a new code for free shipping on Cyber Monday: k714m

14. 24973_deleted
    24973_deleted Member

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  15. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    Free Shipping today - enter this code at checkout k714m

You can only use it once

Woo!