3D modeler needed (photo of head to 3D pendant)

Discussion in '3D Design Requests' started by 248805_deleted, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Hello,

I need someone to create a 3D Model of a photo of someones head. It has to become a pendant/ bead.

If you can do this, please PM me the price and estimate time needed to make a 3D model. This is because the project has a strict deadline.

Thanks.

2. Since noone replied to you, i want to say that it will be very hard and very expesive. 3k atleast.... If you are ok with it, reply and we will talk.

3. bartv
    bartv Member
    Depending on the quality that you need, you could try using 123d Catch, this is free software from Autodesk that can construct 3D models from photographs with a reasonable accuracy:

http://www.123dapp.com/catch

Models usually need some cleaning up before you can get them printed though..

Bart

4. I can make the model in Zbrush. It would take around 2-3 days.

5. No. That won't work. First of all, in order to get the model the user will need to have at least 20 photographs of the person's head he is trying to model shot from all the angles to translate that into a 3D model. Second, the model itself will come out low poly, but smoothed as a lot of details are simply simulated with textures while for printing, they need to exist as a geometry. And lastly, those models come out so broken and incorrect that fixing them is almost as time consuming as making them from scratch.

So, its a good idea behind the technology, but not yet good enough to work in all the cases especially when it comes to 3D printing.

6. SGDesigns
    SGDesigns Member
    Check out your PM

7. Agreed. A good digital sculptor could do this with 2-4 hi res photos. Automated tools will never compare.