Starcraft Models

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 245882_deleted, Nov 12, 2012.

1. I wanted some models from Starcraft on my desk, so i uploaded the files from the game and am going to print them out. I was just wondering does anyone else really care about this, because I think its pretty cool. If people actually care, I will make the models buyable for others. :D
    Anyways if anyone wants a specific unit/building, I can try and upload it.
    Heres one of the things I put up:
    <a href="https://www.shapeways.com/model/771381/6d3f20297d376fc566963868acd44f5d?li=" target="_blank"></a>

2. Brick
    Brick Member
    did you model those yourself, or somehow pull them out of the game files? If you pulled them out, I wouldn't mind knowing the process, and if it could be done with their other games. i.e. WoW.

3. Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  4. Brick
    Brick Member
    great, thx for the info.

5. bartv
    bartv Member
    Selling Warcraft models is most likely a violation of their copyright and could get you into trouble..

Bart

6. 59012_deleted
    59012_deleted Member
    The meshes and texture data for Warcraft models is intellectual property owned by Blizzard... yep, it's illegal to use them without permission and you can't distribute them in any form, digital or physical. Sorry.

7. Well I guess I'm not selling them. I hope I can still buy my models for myself though.

8. Id be interested to see them, if u do get them printed.

Piers

9. I would like to see the Terran cruiser for sure.:)

10. I would too (thats my favorite unit) but unfortunately the model shows up really funny, and it would be very expensive :confused :( .