Production Video

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by NingHuaDesign, Oct 26, 2012.

1. NingHuaDesign
    NingHuaDesign Member
    Hi, Is it possible or is it a good idea to have a video showing how each of our designs is printed ? Is there anyway we could get such video ? or maybe order such video ?

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    You mean each individual part? A lot of the materials used to have videos on their material pages. I see WSF is on the How it Works page now. A few others should be available on Shapeways Youtube channel.

3. NingHuaDesign
    NingHuaDesign Member
    Here is what I mean: I'm having a bottle opener in the printing process, so I wonder if I could get a video showing how this bottle opener is printed ? I can imbed this video into my product page.

4. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    Actually, this is a matter of privacy.

Your models are printed along with many other buyer's models in the same "build envelope". A single batch of WSF might have 100 or more items inside of it. Other shop owners/buyers may not be willing to publicize their models, and the production team doesn't know which models should be private. I have 200+ models in my public shop, and about 20 that are only available to private patrons. I'm fairly sure that my private patrons would not want their prints publicized before they are ready to go public with their item.

I suggested some time ago that Shapeways should produce specific videos of how each material is printed, and include those videos on the material pages. I believe that it would be well worth the effort to produce a few small batches showing how each material is printed. Having these videos would contribute greatly to the beginning designer's understanding of what is possible and why some prints fail.

I have offered that Shapeways can use any item in my public shop for such videos...

But I wouldn't ask them to produce individual, separate videos of each one of my 200 items, at least not without a significant video production fee.

5. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    Hi guys,

We do have some 'general' production videos. There is actually one I made for use at Dutch Design Week which we have been screening here the past week at our booth. If you are in the Eindhoven area, stop by the Klockenbow to see it! ;)

For everyone else, when I am back in NY next week, I'll put it up on youtube and flag it here! Though it does not show your individual products being printed, it does give a general overview of the many processes we use.

For now, we do have this video (which is also on the homepage if you are not logged in) that has snippets of the SLS machines making the WSF material:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJuTM0Y7U1k&feature=youtu .be

Best,
    Natalia

6. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    @Natalia: still looking forward to that new production overview video you did for Dutch Design Week,
    if and when you find the time to upload it to youtube.