not NEW but REDESIGNED

Discussion in 'Newcomers Lounge' started by victorrings, Oct 25, 2012.

1. victorrings
    victorrings Well-Known Member
    my website has undergone quite a bit of reconstruction and is finally ready for release. all the rings are there and all of the customization tools are presented in a way that i hope will bring people in and buy things.

please come by and read up. comment on my designs. suggest updates. even get inspired.

thanks

Chris Lowe
    Lead Designer- VICTOR RINGS design

2. bartv
    bartv Member
    I just checked out the ordering process and found it quite confusing - do you find that people place orders this way? Not to promote our own Shops system (well, ok, a little ;), but wouldn't a Co-Creator do the trick as well?

Cheers,

Bart

3. victorrings
    thanks for checking it out.

i haven't had much luck but for right now it is the way that i want to go. i have 2 reasons...
    1. i want to differentiate the selling experience - i am an artist and the fact that my "shop" looks just like everyone else is not acceptable. i like the way Weebly is a good mix of customizability and themes... by they way weebly licenses their technology- if i could theme out my shop i would totally do it.

2. i want the product sent to me before i send it to my customers so that i can monitor the quality and possibly sell accessories with them... like fancy boxes and what not.

also... originally i visioned the rings as highly customizable and sold to groups. specifically sport teams serving as trophies. but they are all set to be sold as is.

any suggestions for design will greatly appreciated...

chris

4. bartv
    bartv Member
    Okay, thanks for clarifying! One last observation then that might help to improve your shop: in my experience, people don't like to *read* on the internet. They quickly scan texts but usually skip anything longer than three lines. In order to make your ordering process easier to understand, you could for example try using a graphic that explains it instead of the current list of steps.

Just my $0.02!

Cheers,

Bart

5. victorrings
    i took your advise and incorporated graphics to explain how to select and purchase rings from my site. hopefully it will drive more sales. the new graphics incorporate a different font so it might necessitate further redesign.

anyways- let me know what you think...

by the way Bart- all models and most graphics were created with Blender!

Chris Lowe
    Lead Designer- VICTOR RINGS design

6. bartv
    bartv Member
    Yeah, that works WAY better for visual people like me ;)

Good to hear you're using Blender! Would you care to write a 'making of' or tutorial for BlenderNation?

Cheers,

Bart

7. victorrings
    absolutely