Shop mods wish list

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by gibell, Jul 16, 2009.

1. gibell
    gibell Well-Known Member
    1. Longer product titles (as mentioned before).
    2. Allow paragraphs in descriptions.
    3. Allow the shop owner to change the order of appearance of the products, in the "default" state. This is not possible now, is it? They are just sorted by date I think.
    4. Allow the user to change the number of rows displayed. Perhaps in some kind of user settings or defaults page?

Last edited: Jul 16, 2009
  2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Here are some of mine
    Ratings based on design not showed in the shop, separate ratings only for people that have actually bought the model.
    (seen this before but) the ability to have separate sections in your shop, such as jewelry, mechanical, whatever.
    Maybe an Amazon like, people who bought this also bought this.
    Price on the main selection page. Nothing worse then when you are like wow I really like that, click on it and see the price tag.
    A shops button on the main bar on shapeways.
    All I can think of right now.

3. woody64
    woody64 Well-Known Member
    I would appretiate to place a link on the shop description page to add additional shop infos like:
    - Terms And Conditions
    - Reference Pictures
    - Stories ...
    Please take into consideration that only a link is needed (the pages can then also lie on another server
    Woody64

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  4. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    To add on to my Ratings thing. Maybe Require a comment based on the vote. Someone knocked my Leonardo Da Vinci model down to 3 stars with no reason left. Who would vote that low on a Da Vinci? WHY? It would be nice to know such things to make sure there isn't some jerk just going around voting low for shits and giggles. And what technically is the rating for? Is it just for looks? You can't tell the functionality from looking at the image or even spinning it in 3D. Just kind of frustrated that someone can spit on your design, lower your rep, and you don't see the culprit or get a reason.

5. 11539_deleted
    11539_deleted Member
    @gibell:
    > 1. Longer product titles (as mentioned before).
    Check: longer titles are displayed when using the new listview.

> 3. Allow the shop owner to change the order of appearance of the products, in the "default" state. This is not possible now, is it? They are just sorted by date I think.
    Check: Within the shop management page you can give your products an order. This order is shown by default when visiting a shop.

> 4. Allow the user to change the number of rows displayed. Perhaps in some kind of user settings or defaults page?
    Check: Each user can choose how may rows of thumbs (in gallery mode) or results (in list mode) are displayed.

Sorry for number 2 ;)

@Youknowwho4eva
    > Price on the main selection page. Nothing worse then when you are like wow I really like that, click on it and see the price tag.
    Check: Prices are displayed in the galleries. (The price displayed is the from price)

Kind regards, Arno