Ship date pending?

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by lorddragonmaster, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Hello,

a few days ago I was sent an e-mail saying my item was being sent to the printers.

I was expecting that after that they would be shipped. However it still says ship date pending.

How long after an item says it is being printed till when it ships?

It says it was being printed Monday, and it is now Friday.

Thanks for the help.

2. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    I have come to read that "en route to the printers" message as "the file has been checked
    by a human and a cnc job file for the printer has been created, so no worries that it might
    still be rejected". After that, I guess it is waiting in line with all the other preprocessed jobs.
    So far, my orders have been shipped either on the estimated date, or 1-2 days in advance.
    (There must be some slack in the estimation to account for hardware problems, occasional
    misprints, workers calling in sick or whatever little mishaps you would expect in what still must
    be a small business by headcount)

3. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Hi Lord Dragon Master,

I just checked your order and spotted that one of your models has been printed and is currently in the cleaning process.
    The second model in your order is printing right now!

If everything goes alright, your order will be shipped on the estimated shipping date which we provided during the ordering process:
    ETS: 2012-10-17

The email indeed informs you that the models have been checked and moved forward to the printing queue.

Kind regards,
    Mitchell

4. Thank you for the update! I was just a little confused! Can't wait. ;)