Newbie doesn't begin to describe me

Discussion in 'Newcomers Lounge' started by MECP, Sep 29, 2012.

1. MECP
    MECP Member
    I just learned about 3D printing and was amazed. Though I have no knowledge about creating files or design experience (okay, I had some awesome PlayDo and Lego creations in my day) I am very excited to get started learning. I am depending on all your wisdom to get me started. So hello there. You're going to see a lot of me. (I'm not even that good at using forums so be kind.)

2. Josenarvaez
    Josenarvaez Member
    hello welcome to the communitty :)

3. MECP
    MECP Member
    :D Thanks jimmynar. I'm starting to understand a little more. All the ideas in my head are waiting impatiently for the skills to kick in. I think I'm gonna have lots of fun with this stuff eventually. My caffeine levels have already doubled. Must learn FASTER.
    Nice meeting you. :D

4. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Well if you're good with playdoh and legos, checkout Sculptris and MineCraft. Both are free to use. Sculptris, you start with a ball of clay, and you twist and pull and stretch. MineCraft, you basically build with colored cubes.

5. MECP
    MECP Member
    Thanks for the suggestions. I really have no idea which program to use. Blender terrified me a little. Autodesk 123d is what I was trying to learn. Mostly I'm learning lingo like champfor and extrude. I'll let you know how your suggestions work out. Thanks again. :D