Borderlands: USB powered Claptrap

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by Psychobob, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Psychobob
    Psychobob Member
    Greeting Shapeways community,

It's been quite some time since my last post as I've been busy with my regular job and busy with a commissioned 3D print project! I can finally announce what that project is (the clue's in the subject)!

That's right, it's that crazy robot from Borderlands (he's kind of like Marmite, you either hate him or love him).

Below are some pictures of the completely finished model, but if you take a look at my blog ( http://psychobob.co.uk/2012/09/3d-print-cl4p-tp-commissioned -piece_28.html), you'll find my "making of" post there. It has 2 videos at the top, and then the text equivalent that comes with various pictures in the main body of the post (some in formation is only in the video, some is only in the text section). At the end of the post, you have various pictures of the final model (those below are just 2 of the pictures in this post).

It stands roughly 19cm tall if you measure from the base all the way to the tip of the hand waving. Of course, it has those standard LEDs I always seem to put in my models.

Thanks!

Montage.png
    DSC_7125.png

Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
  2. Jettuh
    Jettuh Well-Known Member
    I love all of your work!

amazing!

3. Kaczor
    Kaczor Active Member
    Superb paintjob!

4. Dotsan
    Dotsan Well-Known Member
    Congratulations on your projects, the videos are the best process explanation I've seen, I really enjoyed them and over whelmed with the effort you have put in, inspiring stuff.
    Vijay

5. Psychobob
    Psychobob Member
    Cheers guys, really appreciate the comments you've left!

I was really excited about this project as it was the first time anyone asked me to make one specifically for a competition prize :) Not sure who won it yet, but hopefully they'll like it when they see it in the flesh!

6. Silverbeam
    Silverbeam Well-Known Member
    Ridiculously awesome! How much did it cost you printing wise out of curiosity?