shapeways order

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by Josenarvaez, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Josenarvaez
    Josenarvaez Member
    Hello everyone i recently make my order of the materials sample kit to check and order my models later. I just got a question: i track my order and it comes from netherlands. I thought my order was from USA. can i make my orders from this country? or this is not possible? can someone help me with this doubt i have

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    The sample kit will include pieces from both places. Not all the materials are produced in the US yet.

3. Josenarvaez
    Josenarvaez Member
    wich materials are from US? so i can get the 3d models faster? or it takes the same time no matter where they are from?

4. Josenarvaez
    Josenarvaez Member
    well i have another question: if i request 2 models of the same material at the same time, it will cost one delivery? or if i put 2 different models in a single one will reduces cost like flat handling fee?

5. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    The advertised delivery times are regardless of whether the item(s) are printed in the US or NL. At this time, things printed in the US are not necessarily delivered any faster than things printed in NL, especially if you order mutiple materials on a single order.

Last I heard, the only printer they have in the US is a FUD printer - other things such as glass, steel, WSF are all printed in NL.

There are times and situations that separate prints are sent to you in separate boxes, but you don't have to pay any extra shipping for that.

For any number of prints on one order, you pay shipping only once for everything in that order. However, if you order them as separate orders, then you'd have to pay separate shipping.

6. stannum
    stannum Well-Known Member
    Wasn't metal done in the USA? At least the worker that sometimes drops by seems to be from there. And if the guess is right, that company can do glass too (maybe not for SW).

If you mean printers in SW premises, yes, they only recently mentioned the FUD machine in NYC, and long ago some machines for WSF, Sandstone and Detail in NL.

7. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    (Joke) In a global economy, I don't care where it's printed.. I just want it here by Tuesday. (Joke)

8. Josenarvaez
    Josenarvaez Member
    thanks you really clarified the doubts. I can´t wait to see my designs in my hands no matter which time takes to get to my house, hopefully not too long :laughing:

9. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Steel and Ceramics are US, Not sure about glass. Soon we will have more US production!

10. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Glass is printed in the US :)