Land Rover

Discussion in 'My Work In Progress' started by 100814_deleted, Sep 11, 2012.

1. This will be my first printed Vehicle. I wanted to pick something boxy to make it easier. Havent decided on a size yet but i'm aiming for 5-6 cms. Or around $100.

I know a lot of the detail in the texture map will be lost but I'll try it anyway and see how it comes out. The body is finished and welded closed. I just have to finish the texture map and apply it. The mapping on the rear isnt done at all yet. The wheel is a seperate model that I will print 4 copies of. The Bumpers will be separate models as well.

I should probably make door mirrors as well and include them with the bumpers.

wip_LR_01.jpg

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  2. rithmikansur
    rithmikansur Member
    What material were you planning on having it printed in? The Standstone?

3. Yes, Sandstone. For the mapping/color

I know there's going to be a lot of degradation in the texture. I'm trying to work with the machine and texture map each "area" separately using as high a resolution portion of the texture map as I can.

I was going to print the wheels separately but now I'm worried I'll have higher resolution wheels than the body.

4. Here's the max model. Its pretty basic. I really wanted to do something quick. My original had an interior but it wouldn't work with Sandstone so I put in glass. I also think I should refine the area around the front door hinges and also the door handle.

I'm eager to get it finished so i can see how it turns out. It could easily be a blurry mess.

wip_LR_02.jpg

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012

5. Here's the finished printed model.

I've learned a lot. Especially about how to texture map sandstone.

LRpic1.jpg