[We want your Feedback!] User Profiles -- Suggestions and Ideas

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NimlothCQ, Aug 24, 2012.

1. NimlothCQ
    NimlothCQ Well-Known Member
    Hello all!

I wanted to pop in here and introduce myself. I'm Christopher, the most recent new guy on Shapeways' product team. I started working at Shapeways about a week ago and have been immersing myself in everything Shapeways related for the past week.

My formal background is in Community and Social Media management, but I also have web product experience having built and launched a website service that grew considerably post launch.

The first project I will be working on here at Shapeways is revamping the Community User Profiles section (example) of the website. It's in that regard that I wanted to get some of your collective thoughts on what type of features and content you would like to see and display on your user profiles, outside of the feedback that already exists on the forums and UserVoice.

We will keep this thread open for comments and feedback for the next few days, and will close it at the end of the business day this upcoming Friday the 31st of August.

With that said, I invite you to share your thoughts and ideas here!

- Christopher

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2012
  2. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    Hey guys i get to hear a lot of feedback in the forums so I know there's a lot of great ideas!

This is your opportunity to give us input on what you'd like to see BEFORE we build it, so let's hear it!

Personally, I'd love the ability to Facebook like or follow on twitter designers I like so I cansee when they post a new model

I know there has been requests for designers ad customers to be easily able to talk to each other as well

What other features would you like to see on the User Profile page?

3. i hope that i am not too late...

i saw this topic on friday but now is the soonest i could reply. i am not sure what the scale of your re-design but if you are interested in a total redo then i would suggest taking a look at cafepress.com. theirs is a concept that is simular to shapeways and is highly successful for both the website and the artist. specifically what i like is what i think they call the affiliate program. from what i gather is like the "shop" organization but has been given the ability of the artist to be highly customizable and in the end highly unique for the artist. this make the artist's shop page a landing page.

this is what i would like to see.

chris

4. lensman
    lensman Well-Known Member
    Hi NimlothCQ - judging from your avatar you look hot! Oh, wait, your name is Christopher, damn :blush:

First of all congrat's on joining Shapeways. Seems to be an exciting company to work for. Secondly, in terms of suggestions, I suggest you keep something like this post open permanently. I only just found it and it's already closed! We Shapies like to be heard - as I'm sure you'll find out - and a one week time-frame to voice an opinion is not going to work!

Glenn

5. NimlothCQ
    NimlothCQ Well-Known Member
    Hi Chris,

Thank you for sharing :)

Shops are going to see some love too as we move forward looking at the various parts of Shapeways!

--

Glenn,

Thanks for the warm welcome. :)

Regarding the feedback thread; it's not like creating own feedback threads or submitting thoughts to uservoice are not part of this also; it's more about workflow and getting some focused feedback in a single reference point before certain milestones. We will have more periods of feedback both for this feature and for others, so don't you worry!

In the mean time, I'm sure it wouldn't hurt making some thoughts about the various other sections needing love ;)

Cheers,

Christopher

Last edited: Sep 4, 2012