Car Antenea Snitch - Angry BIrd

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by dtistudio, Aug 9, 2012.

1. dtistudio
    dtistudio Member
    This was my first attempt at created a fun, car antenea spinner using the color sandstone material,

I was VERY pleased with the look, feel and durability of the material. I was also very happy with the quality of the color printing.

I did find that the coloring faded pretty fast in sunlight. I sprayed the part with some clearcoat which helped keep the fading to a minimum.

When I tested the product it took until I reached 40 MPH for the snitch to start spinning.

I need to add more angle to the "wings" so that it will spin more consistently and at lower speeds.

If I can eliminate the fading and get the wings to react better I will be happy with this product.
    PICT5043.JPG

2. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Very cool!

For the spin at whatever speed, a cup or trough shape would work (similar to an anemometer or Vertical Axis Wind Turbine).

3. 96635_deleted
    96635_deleted Member
    Ha that's awesome! Is it available for sale?

4. dtistudio
    dtistudio Member
    Thanks and thank you for the advice. I've never heard of an anemometer so I cant wait to check it out. The vertical axis is the tricky part to this design. Thanks again.

5. dtistudio
    dtistudio Member
    Hey carine,
    It is not for sale yet because I need to make a couple of adjustments. Hopefully I will have something ready within a month.

Glad you like the design.