Multiple credit notes against single order?

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by tebee, Aug 3, 2012.

1. tebee
    tebee Well-Known Member
    Is it possible to apply multiple credit notes to a single order?

I'm sure I've done this in the past, but haven't got any to try it with now.

I ask because there is a guy whinging on an Australian forum about Shapeways,saying they have issued him with multiple credit notes for various failed parts of his order and now he is going to have to spend $19.50 in postage each time to use them up.

I'm also pretty sure Shapeways will issue a refund instead of a credit not if you ask - can anyone confirm this ?

Tom

2. virtox
    virtox Active Member Moderator
    Yes refunds are given if requested. :)
    And a single email to customer service with the voucher codes and they will happily combine them into one. :)

Cheers!

3. I have to say that the Shapeways refund policy is one of the MOST AWKWARD procedures I ever encountered in my business life.
    Vouchers, Coupon Codes, all to be re-entered in the shapeways system, then manually to be applied against new orders - it is just HELL !
    Look Amazon, Ebay, Paypal - refunds are automatically there within a SECOND .....
    To me it seems like part of the business model, to buzz and confuse customers, that they might forget their credit..... sry to say that, but this is it in my view.
    Simple Question: What reason is behind, if Shapeways issue a credit, why can´t this be automatically transferred to Paypal & Co. ?

4. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    "Automatic"?

I would prefer the shop credit option. The general assumption is that you are going to re-order the model.
    As far as forgetting whether you have a credit or not... If you have a credit due, it should be listed here: https://www.shapeways.com/credits
    If you want the refund, I understand that you can simply email support@shapeways.com and have the money sent back to Paypal.

5. Thanks for your quick reply.
    "Automatic" means, that the amount due (with a new order) is automatically drawn against the credit note (which is sitting somewhere in your account).

As of now, this is NOT the case - the customer always ha to remember, that there is a credit note, draw up your account info, retrieve the credit #, enter the credit# into the shapeway system, and hopefully only then your credit is used up...

I do have a credit of some 30.-- US$, ordered five minutes ago new products, and *oops* forgot to withdraw the credit note.
    THIS is, what I clearly name AWKWARD procedure......

Most of your customers will NOT re-order the same product, due to the technical problems (i.e. thin wall), which might have caused the rejection.
    Thus it makes no sense, to re-order the same and the same again.....

And that I am asked to send an email to your support, to manually get my credit note back into my Paypal account ....
    THIS is, what I clearly name AWKWARD procedure too......