Inventory management

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by Bathsheba, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Bathsheba
    Bathsheba Well-Known Member
    Did I miss a memo about inventory management? It looks like the all-markups-on-one-page page is gone. I find the setup for editing markups within each model very awkward to use.

I miss being able to see the markups for a model in all materials at the same time. Also being able to see markups for many models at the same time.

Worse, I can't push a single markup amount to all materials with one click, which makes this process take 20 times longer.

I think it would be great if something like the one-screen method came back. Or if the link has just been moved, can someone tell me where it is?

Thanks,

2. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    I find the CSV markup management very much easier to use.

3. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    Hi Guys,

I've asked Brad about this, we'll get back to you shortly!

Best,
    Natalia

4. TOM_TOM_TOM
    TOM_TOM_TOM Well-Known Member
    I find the old markup system was easier to use.
    with the CSV file, the numbers have the ' in front of the numbers so I can't add the sum up to see what the total price is. I want to set the final price to say, $139 and the cost is $99.34. Now I have to calculate my markup in an external calculator to see what the final price will be.

5. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    I'm a bit lost when you say that there is a single quote in front of the numbers.
    I just re-downloaded my CSV file, and there are DOUBLE quotes around all the fields, but Excel 2010 strips those out when it loads the file.

Are you using Excel, Google Docs, or something else?

6. TOM_TOM_TOM
    TOM_TOM_TOM Well-Known Member
    I'm using open office.

7. neuralfirings
    neuralfirings Member
    I have a hack that I use to set my markup. I can apply %, % up to $0.99, or flat rate... but it requires you to go into each item individually.

For me, I only add one item every month or so, so it's not that bad... would you guys be interested in the hack?