Time Traveling Delorean

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by WillLaPuerta, Jul 13, 2012.

1. WillLaPuerta
    WillLaPuerta Well-Known Member
    Modeled the Delorean from Back To The Future. The doors were printed separately and I just snapped them in place after it arrived.

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm not going to put it up for sale since, you know, it's from a movie. I made it as an example to show my students and I wanted to show them what it would look like printed out.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  2. Kaczor
    Kaczor Active Member
    Geat Scott! This is heavy!

3. WillLaPuerta
    There's that word again, "heavy"! Why are things so heavy in the future? Is there a problem with the Earth's gravitational pull?

4. Kaczor
    Kaczor Active Member
    In stainless steel (like original) it would be awesome but a bit pricey ;)

5. WillLaPuerta
    Yeah, but the walls are too thin so I'd have to make it bigger (And even more expensive). Plus I'll have to fuze the wheels in place. Aluminide won't be as shiny, but it's closer to metal. I'm just worried about whether or not I could snap the door in place without breaking them. I don't think Aluminide's as flexible as WSF.

6. Alex_ADEdge
    Alex_ADEdge Member
    Neat little model.

Would be perfect to paint, rather than reprinting in some other material which may not work.

7. WillLaPuerta
    I'd love to paint it but if you've seen any of my robots you'd know that my painting skills are . . . a bit on the sloppy side. That's fine with the robots since that's the look I was going for from the beginning, but I think I'd just ruin the Delorean, so I'm just going to leave it as is, I guess.