hey there!

Discussion in 'Newcomers Lounge' started by 192526_deleted, Jul 4, 2012.

1. so my boyfriend's brother told me about this site- he found out i had been doing threadless in an effort to buy a bed lol

hopefully, i'll have better luck on here...

i'm not really a 3d modeler (i do video), but hopefully that will change... last night, i became slightly obsessed with the sake set maker... i think today, i'll work on some jewelry since i have a ton of photoshop images that would work... idk, let me know what you guys think...

also, anyway i can render my images with the materials instead of just the standard grey-scale image that's up?

shapeways.com/shops/tcr

come on guys, help me buy a bed so i don't have to sleep on the floor anymore :D

(times are tough for a bfa)

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Welcome!

The default render is always the grey model. But you can always upload your own renders!

3. even for the sake set creator?

4. Confirmed.
    "Even" for models made with the Sake Set Creator, there is a "Upload Photo" button on the top left of the model's page.

5. i guess i'm just confused as to how i'm supposed to render it (for example) the avocado green if every time i try to take it into photoshop i get an error... do i need to import this into a specific 3d modeler program? can i download the available materials so i can render it accurately, or am i supposed to guess or use the basic eyedropper tool?

sorry if these are n00b questions but like i said, i'm just beginning to dabble in this field

any and all help is very appreciated

-allison :D

6. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Well if you figured out how to download the 3D file your half way there. I had to work this out a while ago. The file should be an X3D with an extra letter at the end (an s or an x?) You then need to find Xj3D converter. drop that file onto the Xj3D Converter (drag and drop the file on top of the icon) this should create another X3D with an extra letter. Drag and drop that onto the converter icon as well. Then you should get an X3D that you can open in a few CAD programs, including Blender. As far as the materials, you have to build them yourself.