Scale: 100%

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by gibell, May 29, 2009.

1. gibell
    gibell Well-Known Member
    I just completed my first order, and I noticed on my invoice for each part it says "Scale: 100%". Is there any way to order a part at a different scale than 100%?

Ordering at different scales would be an excellent idea. I have uploaded the same part at different scales, this way I would just have to upload a part once.

2. pete
    pete Shapeways Employee CEO
    Hi,

you got us :)
    Yes, we are working on exactly that. It is not fully functional yet, but getting close.

best regards,
    Peter

3. 21399_deleted
    21399_deleted Member
    :laughing:
    I'm happy to see i'm not blind or stupid....

i searched the solution for a long time..... :cool:

4. RalphVdB
    RalphVdB Well-Known Member CS Team
    You are absolutely not stupid :D

Please be patient, just wait and see ;)

Cheers,

Ralph

5. axd1967
    axd1967 Member
    Umm... Meanwhile we are two years later, and there's still 100% printed...

I had been wondering for a while - this shouldn't be too difficult - but guess there might be a few issues (strength, as well as printer resolution) when users want to scale too small.

Anything new?

6. Jettuh
    Jettuh Well-Known Member
    Hi axd,

It's more complicated then you think.
    The main reason if your scaling a model down, it can have places where the thickness gets below the minimum! this cause the model to be unprintable!

Shapeways has a very big list of plans for the future, this is probably one of them, but because it's priority wasn't really high, other stuff got in front of the line!

I'm sorry!
    On the other side, you can easily scale your model with the free programm netfabb ;)

Cheers
    Mitchell Jetten