- Upload a new design to Shapeways with the tag Flextest by 5pm EST the 11th of May 2012.
- Your entry must have a total volume of less than 50cm3.
- Upload a description of your design specifying the use/context.
- Innovative Use of Material: Judge: Nancy Liang
- Design for Squishability: Judge: Duann Scott
- Best Product Hack: Judge: Charlie Maddock
- Best Kitchen Related Design: Judge: Christian Arca
- Fashion and Jewelry: Judge: Carine Carmy
- Chindogu - Exceedingly Non-Functional: Judge: Mary Huang
Terms and Conditions:
- Free prize draw, closing date, 11th of May 2012, 5pm EST.
- Winners will receive their 3D print in the flexible material.
- The winner be notified in writing by May 15, 2012.
- No purchase necessary.
- Entry must be a new design uploaded between April 11 and May 11th.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- No cash or other alternative prizes available.
- The prize draw is not open to Shapeways employees or their families.
- The promoters decision is final
Indicative Material Qualities
- Rubber-Like Flexibility
- Durable and Tear Resistant
- Long Term Stability/Memory
- Fully Recyclable
- Material does not dissolve in hydrocarbons, ketones, ethers or alcohols, but may lose some mechanical properties. May swell in some solvents or solvent mixtures.
We will be using the results of the contest to work out the best design rules, printing cost, color to print in and naming of the material so your feed back is really appreciated. We are really looking forward to seeing your new designs.