The iPhone and iPad get a lot of attention for their ability to handle the kind of 3D files required for 3D printing but Shapeways Community member Barry Thomas has written an STL viewer for the Android platform available for free from the Android Market.
- Built in file browser
- View Binary and ASCII STL files, with smooth rotate and zoom (drag and pinch)
- Works perfectly in landscape or portrait so ideal for both phones and tablets
- Show the facets, vertices, XYZ axes and a bounding box or any combination
- Change model colour
- Take a screenshot of your model to a PNG file
- View model stats (file name, type, size, number of facets, volume, loading time in milliseconds)
- User settings automatically saved
- Remembers last folder viewed and returns there automatically on startup
- Invert normals.