In case you missed the Design Tips for Preparing your Render/Animation Model for 3D Printing tutorial, here it is. And now it’s time for Part 2, a video tutorial!
This step by step tutorial will take you through adapting your character models and animation designs for 3D printing.
Key video takeaways—what to keep in mind when preparing your design for 3D print:
- Maxing bounding box—how large your 3D model can be printed
- Wall thickness
- Wire thickness
- Clearance—especially if you want interlocking parts
- Material Traits—if an appendage is too thin, it could snap
- Sandcastle Rule—If you made your model out of sand, would it collapse?
- Positioning of model—Can it stay in tact through handling?
- Color shades—Do you have too many browns and skintones in your model?
Now you can bring your animations and geometries to life with 3D printing! Start by uploading your design today.