There are two opportunities to get your work displayed with Shapeways and Adobe at the show: one, create the ultimate 3D printed art to be shown at the Art Gallery at the 3D Printshow. If you’re newer to 3D modeling, we also have a simple 3D Coloring Contest for anyone to color ShapeMan by our friend Steve Talkowski of SketchBot fame.
It’s easy to enter, whether you know how to 3D model or you just want to give it a shot.
Ultimate Design Award: Know how to 3D model? Upload your design to Shapeways with the tag #3DPS. We’re looking for an incredible design that leverages the best of 3D printing. Here’s your chance to create the iconic 3D Print of 2014, something that can’t be made any other way.
3D Coloring Award: New to 3D modeling? One of the coolest features of Photoshop CC is the ability to import an existing STL file and “color it in” using the features. Steve from SketchBot has designed this awesome ShapeMan for you to download and color in under a Creative Commons license.
What do you think he should look like? Use the 30-day free trial to show us.
Head to Steve’s shop and download one of the five ShapeMan designs to show off your skills. Upload the file to Photoshop, color it in, then upload to Shapeways and enter the contest with the tag #3DPS.
*For each contest, one winner will be selected and win a one-year subscription to Creative Cloud from Adobe AND a 3D print of their design. Your entry will also be 3D printed and displayed at the 3D Printshow in NYC for the world to see. The Ultimate Design winner will be displayed at the very prestigious Art Gallery of the Printshow.
Deadline for both contests is 11:59pm EST on February 2, 2014. Show us what you’ve got.
Ultimate Design must be printable and MUST meet White Strong & Flexible design guidelines
3D Coloring Award must be printable and MUST meet Full Color Sandstone design guidelines
Design must be uploaded to Shapeways by 11:59pm EST Sunday 2nd February, 2014
Design must be public with the tag “3DPS”
Design must be original and you own all copyright and IP
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- Maximum of ten entries per person. By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- No cash or other alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Shapeways or Adobe employees or their families.
- The promoters decision is final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- All entries will be documented by Shapeways and may be used for promotional purposes in their digital or physical form.
- Winners retain all IP as per Shapeways standard terms and conditions. Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winner will be contacted by Tuesday 4th February, 2014
- Promoter: Shapeways, 419 Park Avenue South, #900, New York, NY, USA, 10016.