Plato once wrote, “At the touch of love, everyone becomes a poet.” Perhaps
had he known about 3D printing, he would have said, “With the touch of
love, everyone becomes a designer.”
With Valentine’s Day fast approaching, love is surely in the air. We’ve seen amazing works of art and design inspired by love, including a 3D printed wedding ring,
but that’s just the tip of the iceberg. 3D printing is an incredible
technology for custom wedding designs, from cake toppers to custom table
settings to veils.
We are running a contest to see what innovative new designs you can come up with for a 3D printed wedding!
We’re joined by guest judge Kelly Phillips Badal, senior
editor and the in-house crafter at Country Living magazine,
specializing in crafts, design, and entertaining. Her writing has also
appeared in Better Homes & Gardens, Seventeen, and
Kelly and the Shapeways team will choose a winner based on the best designs in each category:
- Decor – centerpieces, name plates, cake toppers, ceremony décor, flower holders, etc. (use the tag decor)
- Party favors & gifts – candle holders, name cards, luggage tags, jewelry, frames etc. (use the tag gift)
- Bridal accessories - veils, shoe clips, clutches, belts, hairpieces, etc. (use the tag bridal accessory)
Those are just a few ideas, but the sky’s the limit.
Upload your wedding designs with the tag wedding (and the tag for the category) by Thursday February 28th for your chance to win $200 worth of Shapeways 3D Printing!
To enter the contest:
- Tag a new or existing design on Shapeways with the tag wedding and the category tag (decor, gift or bridal accessory) by 5pm EST Thursday February 28, 2013.
- Upload a description of your design specifying the use/context.
- Make it awesome, and beautiful.
Terms and Conditions:
Free prize draw, closing date: 5pm EST Thursday February 28, 2013 · Each winner will receive $200 worth of 3D Printing from Shapeways. · Each winner be notified in writing by March 8, 2013. · No purchase necessary. · Multiple entries allowed. · Entry must be on display to public to be eligible. · All IP for all entires remain property of the designer as per standard Shapeways terms and conditions. · All entries, images, renders and 3D prints may be used by Shapeways for promotional purposes. · By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions. · No cash or other alternative prizes available. · The prize draw is not open to Shapeways employees or their families. · The promoters decision is final and no correspondance will be entered into. · Promoter: Shapeways LLC, 419 Park Ave South, New York, NY 10016, USA